We leave for Querétaro in less than three days and we have some updates for you.
- We're thanking God for bringing in the remainder of the money we needed to cover the cost for us to participate in this mission! Yay! As of Sunday night we're good to go.
- We are working on our packing strategy. Rebecca has to leave for a work trip to New York the day after we return from Mexico. Tim will join her in New York a couple days later. So we really need to pack for two trips at once!
- We're also planning snacks we can bring along that fit within Rebecca's prescribed diet.
- Tim is working with the New Life Community Church administration team to manage the team money throughout the trip.
- The team is still short close to $3,000 of the money that we'll need to cover expenses. Please consider giving (the same way you gave to us) to help us meet this team goal! Our original mission letter with giving instructions can be found here.
- We are also seeking donations of 60 combs for children at the Casa Hogar Pan de Vida orphanage and 10 metal combs for removing lice. Please send us an email to let us know if you are able to help with this!
What are We Going to Do?
In case you missed it, we're going to:
- Play games and direct Bible-based activities with neighborhood children and orphans who live at Casa Hogar Pan de Vida
- Share Christ's message with members of the community
- Offer training and support to the leaders of the recent church plant: Nueva Vida Querétaro
- Tim will serve as the team's Finance Administrator which means he'll manage the team's money and report back to the church regarding all of our expenses.
- For team fundraising. Please pray that God will provide the money to cover everyone's team travel and expenses.
- That each of us on the team will seek God's kingdom first as we go and that we would be flexible and faithful servants.
- For safety as we travel and for unity within our team!
- That the people of Queretaro would hear the Gospel and receive Christ.
- For Rebecca to have access to sufficient and safe food. Eating while traveling can be very challenging due to her reactions to certain foods.
Keeping in Touch
We plan to continue to post trip updates on this blog while in Mexico and when we return. Feel free to reach out to us by email any time and also at our Google Voice phone number (872.588.1081) during the trip.
Tim & Rebecca